|Delayed - 09/25 03:56:52 pm|
Horizon North Logistics : Our Response to COVID-19
|03/20/2020 | 02:04pm|
To our customers, partners, communities and stakeholders:
We are all responding to an unprecedented situation. Communities and businesses across Canada and around the world are being faced daily with the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic and trying to determine what the next weeks and months look like.
Right now, our Horizon North team is continuing to support our clients, partners and local communities through our workforce accommodations, access solutions and modular buildings. There is work to be done and, as projects advance, we will continue to provide our critical services.
We will be there. No matter what.
This does not mean compromising the value we place on safety. It is our top priority for customers and our team and we are being guided by the advice of federal and provincial health services as we determine the best ways to continue providing critical services while protecting everyone involved. These measures include:
- Communicating with our employees: Our employee team is receiving daily updates at minimum on COVID-19 related news and being provided with the resources they need to support their well-being and continued work. Training on COVID-19 response is also available through our health and safety learning portal.
- Social distancing: While our operations continue, we are taking steps to ensure distance between employees, guests and clients, particularly in areas like lodges, manufacturing facilities and job sites where working in close quarters is common. We are adhering to guidance as it relates to the size of gatherings by staggering mealtimes in our facilities in addition to other measures.
- Entry criteria for our facilities: Guests, employees and contractors are being screened before arrival or entry at Horizon North sites for criteria that includes recent travel, symptoms of COVID-19 or contact with COVID-19 cases, among others. Entry is being refused where necessary.
- Increased cleaning measures: Our facilities are adding more frequent sanitization and cleaning of common touch points, including access doors, washrooms, tables and chairs, tools, utensils and many others. Messages around necessary hygiene, such as washing of hands, are also being communicated and enforced.
- Self-isolating or working remotely where necessary: Where individuals are ill or within other high-risk categories such as recent travel or contact with COVID-19 cases, they are being self-isolated as directed by health guidelines. For our employees with high health risks, supporting children at home or other circumstances, they are working from home where possible while continuing to support our team.
These are unprecedented times and how things change in the days, weeks and months to come is unknown. Our clients do a tremendous amount of critical work. We will ensure our business continues and that everyone involved, from clients to employees, is safe. We will face this challenge and, collectively, we will push forward. Thank you for your continued support of Horizon North.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Horizon North Logistics Inc. published this content on 20 March 2020 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 20 March 2020 19:03:08 UTC