|Delayed - 11/27 01:00:00 pm|
Cisco : Accelerates Secure Cloud Adoption with Launch of New WAN Edge Platform
|10/20/2020 | 08:01am|
Ciscointroduces new Wide Area Networking (WAN) edge platform to deliver secure and automated access to applications
- Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Platform accelerates cloud adoption by providing businesses with flexible options for secure connectivity and visibility to applications across cloud, data center and edge.
- Cisco Catalyst Cellular Gateways support connecting remote sites using the latest wireless WAN technologies, paving the way for 5G connectivity in the branch office.
Adventist Health Systemplans to deploy the Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Platform to support real-time connectivity to applications across its hospitals and physician practices.
A foundational piece of
As organizations accelerate their adoption of cloud and place more computing power at the edge to run a wider range of applications and improve performance, IT teams are faced with increased complexity, and less control and visibility over the applications running on their networks. These challenges are restricting agility and the ability to deliver secure, connected experiences. The new Cisco Catalyst 8000 Edge Platform transforms the WAN edge, helping customers be more agile by delivering automated and secure connectivity to applications across cloud, data center and edge.
"With the proliferation of applications, workloads and services becoming more distributed across the edge-cloud continuum, organizations are facing new realities at the WAN edge," said JL Valente, Vice President, Product Management for
The new platform allows customers to adopt cloud solutions at their own pace. For those looking to adopt a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) architecture, Cisco SD-WAN converges cloud-managed SD-WAN and cloud-delivered security into one solution. For customers requiring an on-premises solution, full-stack SD-WAN security is supported.
The Catalyst 8000 family are built to address today's most pressing WAN edge issues, and flexible enough to tackle the challenges of tomorrow. Three models are available, designed for multiple use cases:
- As a high-performance SD-WAN solution, the Catalyst 8500 Series Edge Platform is ideal for data center, colocation, and aggregation sites, and features the industry's highest performing SD-WAN offering with integrated 40G and 100G Ethernet ports in a compact single rack unit form factor. It is powered by
Cisco'sthird-generation Quantum Flow Processor, a proprietary Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) built to provide high performance, pervasive security and rich network services.
- The Catalyst 8300 Series Edge Platform is made to handle edge connectivity at branch sites, offering modular access with a diverse set of connectivity choices for customers to deliver services on-demand to quickly adapt to changing business requirements. It also provides customers with up to four times better SD-WAN service performance than the current Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs).
- The Catalyst 8000V
Edge Softwaredelivers all the same capabilities in software. It can be deployed in the cloud or virtualized on a platform such as Cisco's5000 Series Enterprise Network Compute System (ENCS).
Wireless mobility via cellular is becoming critical in modern WANs, and
- The Cisco Catalyst Cellular Gateway helps customers deploy wireless WAN without changes to existing infrastructure. It elevates cellular to a primary SD-WAN link option with gigabit connectivity to any cloud or location. The initial release supports Advanced 4G LTE CAT 18 speeds, with 5G versions coming soon.
The Cisco Catalyst 8300 and 8500 series and Cisco Cellular Catalyst Gateways are available today, with the Cisco Catalyst 8000v planned for availability in
- Blog: Catalyst 8000 Edge Family: Cisco's New SD-WAN Platform
- Learn more about the: Catalyst 8000 Edge Platform Family
- Learn more about Cisco Catalyst Cellular Gateway
- Infographic/Photos: 8 Ways to Enable the Cloud Edge
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cisco-accelerates-secure-cloud-adoption-with-launch-of-new-wan-edge-platform-301155785.html
© Canada Newswire, source