|Delayed - 11/26 06:23:41 am|
Bank of Greece : Listening events in the context of the monetary policy strategy review
|10/14/2020 | 08:25am|
- As it reviews its monetary policy strategy, the European Central Bank (ECB) invites the public to contribute its views via the 'ECB listens' portal.
- The ECB and the national central banks of the Eurosystem will be holding listening events in upcoming months.
As part of its strategy review, launched in 2020 and expected to be concluded in 2021, the ECB is soliciting citizens' views and ideas on the way monetary policy is conducted in the euro area.
The aim is to better understand how other considerations, such as financial stability, employment and environmental sustainability, can be relevant in pursuing the ECB's mandate.
In order to collect and then process as many views as possible, the ECB gives all citizens of the euro area the opportunity to have their say via the online 'ECB listens' portal. Those wishing to share their input can take a survey and answer a series of questions relevant to the strategy review. Participation is open to all, in all euro area languages (including Greek). The only requirement is for participants to register and provide a valid email address.
The questions asked in the 'ECB listens' survey are the following:
1. What does price stability mean for you?
2. What are your economic expectations and concerns?
3. What other topics matter to you?
4. How can we best communicate with you?
Once the views have been collected and processed, the ECB will publish a summary report.
The portal will remain open until the end of October 2020.
Listening events organised by the ECB and the national central banks in the context of the review of the Eurosystem's monetary policy strategy:
- The ECB will be hosting a virtual listening eventon Wednesday, 21 October 2020, bringing together President Christine Lagarde and Chief Economist Philip R. Lane with representatives of civil society organisations. The event will be webcast live, and the ECB will subsequently publish a summary of the discussions.
- The national central banks are expected to hold similar listening events in the upcoming months. The Bank of Greece plans to hold its own listening event in early January 2021, in an aim to promote the dialogue on monetary policy strategy.
- Questions and answers on the ECB's strategy review
- Explainers: How is the monetary policy of the Eurosystem conducted?
Bank of Greece published this content on 08 October 2020 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 14 October 2020 12:24:03 UTC