|Delayed - 01/15 05:10:17 pm|
TSX falls 0.23% to 17,945.15
|01/13/2021 | 04:04pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.23 percent to 17,945.15
* Leading the index were Bausch Health Companies Inc , up 9.6%, Cronos Group Inc, up 9%, and Lightspeed POS Inc, higher by 7.9%.
* Lagging shares were Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc, down 10.5%, Pan American Silver Corp, down 5.6%, and Methanex Corp, lower by 5.0%.
* On the TSX 74 issues rose and 146 fell as a 0.5-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 8 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 189.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Alimentation Couche-tard Inc, Aurora Cannabis Inc and Aphria Inc.
* The TSX's energy group fell 1.23 points, or 1.2%, while the financials sector slipped 0.52 points, or 0.2%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 0.62%, or $0.33, to $52.88 a barrel. Brent crude fell 0.97%, or $0.55, to $56.03 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 2.9% for the year.