Sustainable business has always been part of our DNA at Montea. Our track record in recent years is the clearest evidence of our commitment to sustainable value growth rather than short-term profit.
Our main objective is to continue to bring our expertise in logistics real estate to bear so as to make sustainable long-term investments that create added value for our customers, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
We will continue to build multifunctional, multimodal, and energy-efficient buildings that consider the lifecycle and circularity of materials and avoid construction waste while looking after the well-being of (the employees of) our customers.
At Montea, we aim to protect and sustain the environment by minimizing the use of resources to reduce environmental impacts in the development and operation of our properties and create well-located, well- prepared, low-carbon and versatile warehouses for future generations.
We recognize that we have a duty of care to our stakeholders to sustain and protect the environment during the development and operation of our property portfolio.
Montea acknowledges the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals calling for responsible use and production of resources, together with stakeholders' expectations for Montea to develop and manage properties that make a positive environmental impact.
We understand the increasing environmental and social challenges caused by climate-related impacts to the environment and their effects on our communities and recognize our role to limit those long-term effects of human-induced climate change in line with the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement.
We seek to enhance our portfolio climate resilience by minimising our greenhouse gas emissions. Montea is committed to transitioning to a low carbon future through 2 targets: achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions of Montea's operation by 2030 and reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of our portfolio to be in line with the Paris Climate Agreement targets.
This policy covers all activities under Montea's operational control, including properties under management, transactions, developments, and corporate tenancies. It applies to Montea employees, external facility managers and service providers, with impacts felt across customers and visitors, as well as local communities and habitats.
Montea seeks to collaborate with stakeholders to achieve these aims, targeting a long-term, environmental stewardship approach.
4. Policy commitments
We aim to protect and sustain the environment by minimizing the use of resources to reduce environmental impacts in the development and operation of our properties.
Montea is committed to:
- Comply with environmental legislation and regulation.
- Integrate criteria on climate risk, resilience and adaptation into investment decision making and operations.
- Improve the environmental performance of the assets in our portfolio by helping our clients to minimising the consumption of energy and water in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to meet the targets set by the Paris Climate Agreement.
- Maximise the production of renewable energy on our sites where it is technically possible.
- Reduce the greenhouse gas emissions of our own operation (development and property management) to a net-zero level.
- Implement practices that minimise the use of resources (both materials and energy) to create multifunctional, multimodal, and energy-efficient buildings that consider the lifecycle and circularity of materials and avoid construction waste while looking after the well-being of the employees of our customers.
- Enhance biodiversity at our sites
Minimise potential environmental impacts from our upstream supply chain, as outlined within Montea's
Sustainable Procurement Policy
Disclose transparently on environmental performance within regulatory and voluntary reporting
Montea will maintain an environmental management system. Through this system Montea will:
- Identify and implement legislative requirements and best practices. Montea expects ongoing compliance with relevant legislation and regulations.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise our environmental footprint.
- Aim to deliver a positive impact on biodiversity at our sites.
- Ensure that employees, contractors, service providers and customers are aware of the impact of their actions on the environment, use reasonable endeavours to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner, and comply with or exceed the requirements of relevant environmental legislation and Montea's commitment to improving our environmental performance.
- Ensure that our environmental programs are successful and that the targets are met.
- Identify, manage, and monitor potential risks and opportunities presented by climate within our portfolio.
- Develop and promote initiatives to improve the environmental performance and reduce the environmental impact of our assets.
- Involve and take into consideration the views of interested parties.
- Provide transparent monitoring and reporting of our environmental performance.
- Make this policy publicly available.
Montea will integrate environmental sustainability practices and initiatives in its operations to meet the goals above. Key activities as applicable include:
- Across the portfolio, Montea will set and monitor performance against environmental management performance goals, and report on progress against those goals annually within our Annual Reporting.
- Adopt portfolio-wide resource efficiency program that is integrated within asset planning and operations.
- Assess climate-related risks and opportunities, related to climate impact and the transition to a low carbon economy, and implement appropriate mitigation and adaptation actions.
6. Policy revision
This policy will be reviewed bi-annually and, if needed, updated. It can be always amended, with approval of the board of directors.
In case of discrepancies between versions, the Dutch version will be leading. The responsibility of revision resides with Montea.
For more information, please contact our Group Energy & Sustainability Manager.
Montea COMM.VA published this content on 24 June 2021 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 24 June 2021 16:00:03 UTC.