GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Tech giants and freedom of expression
|01/11/2021 | 10:49am|
Today, the news is dominated by tech giants and their decision to ban Donald Trump’s account or the Parler app.
- Twitter shares dropped sharply after it decided to suspend indefinitely Donald Trump's personal account, which has more than 88 million subscribers, after his supporters stormed Congress.
- Chinese technology group Baidu has announced a partnership with carmaker Geely to create a company to produce intelligent electric vehicles.
- HSBC shareholders are calling on the bank to reduce its exposure to fossil fuels.
- According to information obtained by Bloomberg, Intel is in discussions with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing and Samsung to outsource the production of certain processors.
- Bloomberg again, which this time learned that Las Vegas Sands would be working on an entry into sports betting.
- Parler, the alternative social media platform, has been dropped by Amazon, Apple and Google.
- Baidu partners with Geely for the car of the future.
- S&P upgrades Fiat Chrysler's credit rating to BBB-.
- NIO Limited launches first electric sedan.
- An older generation B737 crashed in Indonesia.
- Roche launches a new medical imaging process for breast cancer.
- Sulzer acquires Swedish company Nordic Water for CHF 128 million.
- NCR Corp discusses a takeover of Cardtronics.
© MarketScreener.com 2021
Latest news about ""
Investors are getting more jittery
Decisive week for investors
GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Honor, Google, Samsung…
TODAY ON WALL STREET: Eurozone data dampens the mood
GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Intel, IBM, Zur Rose…