GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Intel, IBM, Zur Rose…
|01/21/2021 | 10:40am|
The earnings season is growing in intensity, with Intel and IBM due. Amazon is offering its logistical power to the Biden administration for the vaccination of Americans. This administration has buried the Keystone XL pipeline project.
- Earnings season. Intel, International Business Machines, Investor AB, Sandvik, Seb Group, Sage Group, Bankinter and Zur Rose are among companies reporting their earnings today.
- United Airlines released fourth quarter 2020 results, posting a net loss of $1.9 billion for the period, or -$6.39 per share, compared with net income of $641 million, or $2.53 per share, a year earlier.
- United Continental reported a higher-than-expected adjusted loss per share of $7 in Q4.
- Autoneum's 2020 revenues are down 24.2% to CHF 1.74bn, but the EBITDA margin will remain positive.
- Galenica: the pharmaceutical wholesaler and distributor achieved annual sales up 5.4% to CHF 3.5 billion, above the top end of its forecast range.
- Sage: the company confirmed its annual guidance for Q4 revenues.
- Zur Rose: the online pharmacy specialist reported growth of 14.4% in 2020, confirming its earnings guidance.
- Justin Trudeau is disappointed that Joe Biden cancelled TC Energy's Keystone XL pipeline project.
- Netflix closed up 17% yesterday on Wall Street after announcing a more prolific recruitment campaign than expected in Q4 2020.
- Amazon.com offers its assistance to the Biden administration for the American vaccination campaign.
- Mercedes (Daimler) unveils a new electric SUV designed to walk on the flowerbeds of Tesla.
- In the United Kingdom, the insurer Aviva is going to close some of its agencies permanently, favoring home-based work.
- German online seller MyTheresa valued at $2.2 billion for its IPO in the United States.
- S&P downgraded the outlook for ThyssenKrupp's "BB-" rating from stable to negative.
- China Mobile and China Unicom want to challenge their delisting from the NYSE.
- IG Group acquires Tastytrade for $1 billion.
- Reckitt Benckiser buys the Queen V brand.
- BlackRock will add Bitcoin as an eligible investment in two of its funds.
- Italy is considering legal action regarding late delivery by Pfizer and BioNTech.
© MarketScreener.com 2021
Latest news about ""