|Contributor / Partner
Strategy published on : 12/04/2018 | 10:23
Entry price : 12.69CAD
Target : 15.9CAD
Stop-loss : 10.9CAD
Potential : 25.3%
Market participant are once again showing interest in shares in Goldcorp Inc.. The technical chart pattern now appears positive for the short term with new upside potential.
Investors have an opportunity to buy the stock and target the CAD 15.9.
● In view of fundamental criteria, the company is among low performers as far as mid or long-term investment strategy is concerned.
● The company has poor fundamentals for a short-term investment strategy.
● The group's high margin levels account for strong profits.
● Analysts have a positive opinion on this stock. Average consensus recommends overweighting or purchasing the stock.
● The difference between current prices and the average target price is rather important and implies a significant appreciation potential for the stock.
● Sales estimates for the next fiscal years vary from one analyst to another. This clearly highlights a lack of visibility into the company's future activity.
● With an expected P/E ratio at 82.24 and 19.78 respectively for both the current and next fiscal years, the company operates with high earnings multiples.
● The company is not the most generous with respect to shareholders' compensation.
● The sales outlook for the group was lowered in the last twelve months. This change in forecast points out a decline in activity as well as pessimistic analyses of the company.
● For the last twelve months, sales expectations have been significantly downgraded, which means that less important sales volumes are expected for the current fiscal year over the previous period.
● For the last four months, earnings estimated by analysts have been revised downwards with respect to the next two years.
● For the last 12 months, analysts have been regularly downgrading their EPS expectations. Analysts predict worse results for the company against their predictions a year ago.
● The underlying tendency is negative on the weekly chart below the resistance at 14.27 CAD