|Delayed - 01/15 04:10:00 pm|
Vistra : Donates $50,000 to Organizations Working to Support and Celebrate Veterans
|11/11/2020 | 07:01am|
IRVING, Texas, Nov. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Vistra (NYSE: VST) announced today it is donating $50,000 to several organizations working to support active and veteran military members and to celebrate our nation's heroes. With more than 400 veterans, guardsmen, and reservists in the Vistra family, the company has long recognized the immense value military experience adds to the workplace. In addition, the company is committed to working with veteran-owned businesses. Vistra is a founding member of the National Veteran-Owned Business Association, and this year was selected as one of NaVOBA's 2020 Best Corporations for Veteran's Business Enterprises®.
"Vistra is committed to the hiring and advancement of veterans, not because it feels good or looks good, but because it makes good business sense – and more importantly, it is just the right thing to do," said Curt Morgan, president and chief executive officer of Vistra. "There is no more selfless act than to serve our country in the military. In an effort to show our appreciation and to support military members transitioning into the workforce, Vistra is proud to partner with a number of military and veteran organizations. Thank you to all veterans and their families, who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much to protect each and every one of us – Vistra salutes you."
Vistra's donations will directly assist organizations working to transition veterans to the workplace, provide scholarships, build homes for those in need, and organize events honoring our veterans.
- $10,000 will go to Carry The Load, which works to bring all Americans together in honoring our nation's heroes every day.
- $10,000 will go to the Fisher House Foundation, which builds comfort homes where military and veteran families can stay free-of-charge while a loved one is in the hospital.
- $10,000 will go to USO Pathfinder, which provides networking, resources, and support for military members transitioning to the workforce.
- $7,500 will go to Combined Arms, which provides career support, networking, and mentorship opportunities for military service individuals looking to enter the workforce.
- $5,000 will go to A Million Thanks, which provides appreciation to our active and veteran military men and women through letter writing.
- $5,000 will go to the Greater Dallas Veterans Foundation, which supports the annual Dallas Veterans Day parade.
- $2,500 will go to Wreaths Across America, which coordinates wreath-laying ceremonies across 1,600 locations in all 50 states.
"We appreciate the outstanding support by the team at Vistra to help make a positive impact on the lives of our military servicemen and women, veterans, and their families," said Stephen Holley, president and CEO of Carry The Load and Veteran U.S. Navy SEAL. "Their generous donation to Carry The Load helps advance our awareness program of honoring and remembering the sacrifices made by our nation's heroes and their families."
Vistra (NYSE: VST) is a leading, Fortune 275 integrated retail electricity and power generation company based in Irving, Texas, providing essential resources for customers, commerce, and communities. Vistra combines an innovative, customer-centric approach to retail with safe, reliable, diverse, and efficient power generation. The company brings its products and services to market in 20 states and the District of Columbia, including six of the seven competitive wholesale markets in the U.S. and markets in Canada and Japan, as well. Serving nearly 5 million residential, commercial, and industrial retail customers with electricity and natural gas, Vistra is the largest competitive residential electricity provider in the country and offers over 50 renewable energy plans. The company is also the largest competitive power generator in the U.S. with a capacity of approximately 39,000 megawatts powered by a diverse portfolio, including natural gas, nuclear, solar, and battery energy storage facilities. In addition, the company is a large purchaser of wind power. The company is currently constructing a 400-MW/1,600-MWh battery energy storage system in Moss Landing, California, which will be the largest of its kind in the world when it comes online. Vistra is guided by four core principles: we do business the right way, we work as a team, we compete to win, and we care about our stakeholders, including our customers, our communities where we work and live, our employees, and our investors. Learn more about our environmental, social, and governance efforts and read the company's sustainability report at https://www.vistracorp.com/sustainability/.
SOURCE Vistra Energy