|Delayed - 07/23 04:00:00 pm|
TSX rises 0.84% to 20,110.05
|07/21/2021 | 05:06pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.84 percent to 20,110.05
* Leading the index were Silvercrest Metals Inc , up 7.6%, Sprott Inc, up 6.4%, and Vermilion Energy Inc, higher by 6.4%.
* Lagging shares were Rogers Communications Inc, down 3.8%, Transcontinental Inc, down 1.9%, and North West Company Inc, lower by 1.8%.
* On the TSX 188 issues rose and 43 fell as a 4.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were no and no new lows, with total volume of 161.1 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Manulife Financial Corp and Cenovus Energy Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.18 points, or 2.6%, while the financials sector climbed 3.42 points, or 0.9%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 4.49%, or $3.02, to $70.22 a barrel. Brent crude rose 4.05%, or $2.81, to $72.16 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.4% for the year.
This summary was machine generated July 21 at 21:03.