|End-of-day quote - 01/22|
Restaurant Brands New Zealand : Update On Strike Action
|04/22/2017 | 01:43am|
Photo: ALDEN WILLIAMS/FAIRFAX NZ
Some Unite Union members have chosen to strike today after a market leading collective agreement offer was rejected by Union representatives last week. The offer included:
- Increase of 10 cents above the current adult minimum wage for all brands entry level from day one.
- A $0.50c per hour increase across all other rates across all brands.
- A $0.50c per hour increase above the Adult Minimum Wage for KFC workers after just 10 weeks of starting.
Strike Action Detail:
- Pickets ended at 2pm today
- A small number of Unite Union members have picketed outside some stores.
- Carls Jr. Bush Inn closed briefly due to picketing. All employees were free to join the picket.
- The focal point of the Union's activity today has been at the KFC Balmoral store in Auckland. The store is open, but Police are in attendance assisting to manage the situation to ensure the safety of staff and customers after a request to stop unlawful and unsafe picketing activity was refused. This activity included blocking doorways, the car park and the driveway.
- 23 & 24 March - Restaurant Brands commenced bargaining with Unite Union for new terms and conditions of the Collective Agreement.
- 4 & 5 April - Restaurant Brands met with Unite representatives again, but no agreement on terms of settlement was reached.
- 13 April - Restaurant Brands met with Unite Union representatives to provide a revised offer.
- 20 April - Union gives notice of strike action.
- 22 April - strike action underway.
© Publicnow 2021
All news about RESTAURANT BRANDS NEW ZEALAND LIMITED