|End-of-day quote - 07/01|
PureCircle : Begins Direct Sale Of Proprietary NSF-02® Natural Stevia Flavor Solution To Food, Beverage and Flavor House Customers
|04/22/2020 | 11:48am|
The NSF-02® stevia flavor is a unique solution. It is widely valued and used for its ability to enhance sweetness quality and balance overall flavor profile, while minimizing off-notes and aftertaste. The
NSF-02® solution is produced from the stevia leaf and labelled as natural flavor, while delivering sweetness enhancement and balanced flavor profiles. Companies can now purchase NSF-02® stevia flavor directly from
Consumers are increasingly mindful about their health and wellness and about the ingredients in the foods and beverages they consume. Food and beverage companies are responding to that. Ingredients seen as natural have growing appeal. PureCircle’s flavor portfolio – including the NSF-02® solution -- fills that bill perfectly.
According to Nielsen’s 2018 Global Premiumization Study, “consumers will be seeking greater assurance that the products they buy are free of risk and of the highest quality when it comes to safety standards and efficacy, particularly with respect to cleaning products, antiseptics and food items.” Nielsen found that 41% of consumers would be willing to pay more for all-natural ingredients, and 49% percent would pay more for products with high-safety standards.
Unique in the ability to deliver consumer assurance, PureCircle’s NSF-02® stevia flavor is the only FDA reviewed GSG (glycosylated steviol glycoside) flavor available commercially. Flavor ingredients have high standards of review by the FDA and other regulatory food safety agencies like EFSA.
Commenting on PureCircle’s offering of NSF-02®, PureCircle Deputy CEO
“The NSF-02® stevia solution is a flagship ingredient in our flavor portfolio. We are pleased to directly supply this important ingredient to everyone in the food and beverage industry. It can be used as a standalone ingredient or as part of flavour systems and multi-ingredient solutions to deliver the best combination of taste, cost effectiveness and compliance. Our technical team is uniquely equipped to help with the synergies between flavor modifiers and stevia leaf natural sweeteners. We are dedicated to serving food, beverage and flavour house customers with the best stevia leaf ingredients, today and tomorrow.”
The intellectual property regarding the usage of glycosylated steviol glycosides as a flavor modifier, including NSF-02® flavor specifically, belongs to
– ends –
PureCircleis the only company that combines advanced R&D with full vertical integration from farm to high-quality, great-tasting innovative stevia sweeteners.
- The Company collaborates with farmers who grow the stevia plants and with food and beverage companies which seek to improve their low- and no-calorie formulations using a sweetener from plants.
PureCirclewill continue to: lead in research, development and innovation; produce a growing supply of multiple varieties of stevia sweeteners with sugar-like taste, using all necessary and appropriate methods of production; and be a resource and innovation partner for food and beverage companies. PureCirclestevia flavor modifiers work in synergy with sweeteners to improve the taste, mouthfeel and calorie profile, and enhance the cost effectiveness, of beverage and food products.
- Founded in 2002,
PureCircleis continually investing in breakthrough research and development and it has been granted over 214 stevia-related patents with more than 300 applied for patents pending. PureCirclehas offices around the world with the global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois.
- To meet growing demand for stevia sweeteners,
PureCircleis rapidly ramping up its supply capability. It completed expansion of its Malaysian stevia extract facility in March 2017, increasing its capacity to rapidly supply the newer and great-tasting specialty stevia sweeteners and helping provide ever-increasing value to its customers.
- PureCircle’s shares are listed on the main market of the
London Stock Exchange.
- For more information, visit: www.purecircle.com
- Given the growing global concerns about obesity and diabetes, beverage and food companies are working responsibly to reduce sugar and calories in their products, responding to both consumers and health and wellness advocates. Sweeteners from the stevia plant offer sugar-like taste and are becoming an increasingly important tool for these companies.
- Like sugar, stevia sweeteners are from plants. But unlike sugar, they enable low-calorie and zero-calorie formulations of beverages and foods.
- Stevia leaf extract is a natural-based, zero calorie, high-intensity sweetener, used by global food and beverage companies as a great-tasting zero-calorie alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners.
- Stevia is a naturally sweet plant native to
South America; today, it is grown around the world, notably in Kenya, Chinaand the US.
- The sweet-tasting parts of the stevia leaf are up to 350 times sweeter than sugar: stevia’s high-intensity sweetness means it requires far less water and land than sugar.
- Research has shown that the molecules of the stevia leaf are present and unchanged in the dried stevia leaf, through the commercial extraction and purification process, and in the final stevia leaf extract product. All major global regulatory organisations, across 65 countries, have approved the use of high-purity stevia leaf extracts in food and beverages.
- For more information on the science of stevia, please visit https://www.purecirclesteviainstitute.com/
2020 GlobeNewswire, Inc., source