|Delayed - 05/14 03:57:10 pm|
TSX rises 0.55% to 19,213.16
|05/03/2021 | 05:04pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.55 percent to 19,213.16
* Leading the index were Nexgen Energy Ltd , up 13.8%, Silvercorp Metals Inc, up 12.1%, and Endeavour Silver Corp, higher by 10.5%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 7.4%, Aphria Inc, down 7.1%, and Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc, lower by 5.6%.
* On the TSX 171 issues rose and 56 fell as a 3.1-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 34 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 185.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Manulife Financial Corp, Enbridge Inc and Bank Of Montreal.
* The TSX's energy group rose 3.72 points, or 3.2%, while the financials sector climbed 1.08 points, or 0.3%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.45%, or $0.92, to $64.5 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.24%, or $0.83, to $67.59 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 10.2% for the year.
This summary was machine generated May 3 at 21:03 GMT.