|Delayed - 01/15 04:10:00 pm|
Newmont : Ranked as Top Gold Miner in the DJSI World Index for the Sixth Consecutive Year
|11/23/2020 | 03:49am|
For the 13th year in a row, Newmont is on the Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index (DJSI World), representing the top 10% of the globe's largest 2,500 companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
- Newmont named top global gold mining company on the Dow Jones Sustainability™ World Index (DJSI World) for its leading environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
- Newmont was the first gold company named to the index in 2007, and has been included on the DJSI North America Index every year since 2006.
Focusing on leading environmental, social and governance practices has been a core part of Newmont's values for more than 30 years. It is a key part of how we make investment decisions and central to our culture and purpose: to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining.Watch the video:
The DJSI's results provide comparable and actionable data that allows investors to integrate ESG factors into their investment decisions, while identifying those companies that are well-positioned to address current and future sustainability-driven challenges and opportunities.
Newmont ranked in the 100th percentile for leading performance in the following areas:
- Economic: corporate governance, risk and crisis management, and materiality
- Environmental: management of water-related risks
- Social: Labor practices, corporate citizenship, and talent attraction and retention
'With a record number of companies participating in the 2020 Corporate Sustainability Assessment and more stringent rules for inclusion this year, this sets your company apart and rewards your continued commitment to people and planet.'- Manjit Jus, Global Head of ESG Research and Data, S&P Global
Recently, we announced that Newmont is committing to reducing our greenhouse gas emissions 30% by 2030, with the ultimate goal of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
For more information on Newmont's economic, social and governance performance, refer to the following: DJSI Press Release, Newmont Climate Change Commitment, Newmont's 2019 Sustainability Report: Beyond the Mine.
Newmont Mining Corporation published this content on 19 November 2020 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 23 November 2020 08:48:00 UTC