|Delayed - 07/23 04:00:00 pm|
TSX falls 0.18% to 20,164.39
|06/23/2021 | 05:15pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX falls 0.18 percent to 20,164.39
* Leading the index were Ivanhoe Mines Ltd , up 5.5%, Lithium Americas Corp, up 5.1%, and Winpak Ltd, higher by 4.9%.
* Lagging shares were Equinox Gold Corp, down 6.3%, Empire Company Ltd, down 5.5%, and Granite Real Estate Investment Trust, lower by 3.2%.
* On the TSX 96 issues rose and 134 fell as a 0.7-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 20 new highs and 2 new lows, with total volume of 199.6 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Power Corporation Of Canada and Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.55 points, or 0.4%, while the financials sector slipped 0.28 points, or 0.1%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.59%, or $0.43, to $73.28 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.76%, or $0.57, to $75.38 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 15.7% for the year.
This summary was machine generated June 23 at 21:03.