March 02, 2021
- Order income of CHF 153.3 million increased by 0.7% adjusted for currency effects (previous year: CHF 159.0 million)
- Net sales of CHF 147.0 million 1.5% higher adjusted for currency effects (previous year: CHF 151.2 million)
- EBIT of CHF 6.6 million (previous year: CHF 6.4 million) and net profit of CHF 5.6 million (previous year: CHF 5.1 million) improved due to significantly lower sales and other operating expenses
- All three regions with a positive profit contribution
- Operating cash flow increased by nearly 25% to CHF 10.3 million
- Net debts reduced by CHF 7.1 million to CHF 16.9 million (previous year: CHF 24.0 million)
- Equity ratio improved to 46.4% (December 31, 2019: CHF 42.6%)
- A high level of innovation with significant product developments for the healthcare sector and five Technology Innovation Awards received
The year 2020 was impacted by the global Covid-19 pandemic which posed considerable challenges for companies. In this economically and entrepreneurially demanding environment, the Elma Group succeeded in slightly increasing order income as well as net sales adjusted for currency effects, improving profitability, and closing the financial year with a slightly higher net profit than last year.
Elma Electronic is a global manufacturer of electronic packaging products for the embedded systems market - from components, backplanes, power supply solutions, storage boards and chassis platforms to fully integrated systems. To ensure our integrated solutions are optimized to our customers' needs, Elma partners with leading board manufacturers in the industry. Elma also provides enclosure solutions and rotary switches for demanding applications for electronic companies. The company has a broad base of proven standard products which can be tailored to individual applications: Elma offers services from the initial concept to volume production. Elma's reliable solutions, flexibility, and design expertise are key reasons why the leading companies in the world choose Elma time and again.
This communication contains statements that constitute 'forward-looking statements'. In this communication, such forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements relating to our financial condition, results of operations and business and certain of our strategic plans and objectives. Because these forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties, actual future results may differ materially from those expressed in or implied by the statements. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors which are beyond Elma's ability to control or estimate precisely, such as future market conditions, currency fluctuations, the behavior of other market participants, the actions of governmental regulators and other risk factors detailed in Elma's past and future filings and reports and in past and future filings, press releases, reports and other information posted on Elma Group companies' websites. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only of the date of this communication. Elma disclaims any intention or obligation to update and revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Elma Electronic AG published this content on 02 March 2021 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 02 March 2021 06:34:03 UTC.