Strategy published on : 01/14/2020 | 04:03
short sellTarget price hit
Entry price : 495.85GBX
Target : 462.5GBX
Stop-loss : 520GBX
Potential : 6.73%
The technical chart pattern of stocks in BP plc suggests a continuation of the underlying downward trend, which has already been in place for a number of trading sessions.
Investors should open a short trade and target the GBX 462.5.
● The company shows low valuation levels, with an enterprise value at 0.54 times its sales.
● This company will be of major interest to investors in search of a high dividend stock.
● Analysts covering this company mostly recommend stock overweighting or purchase.
● The average target price set by analysts covering the stock is above current prices and offers a tremendous appreciation potential.
● The share is close to its long-term resistance in weekly data. Therefore, the potential should be limited. However, a further bullish movement when crossing this resistance will be a positive signal.
● According to Standard & Poor's' forecast, revenue growth prospects are expected to be very low for the next fiscal years.
● The company does not generate enough profits, which is an alarming weak point.
● For the last four months, the sales outlook for the coming years has been revised downwards. No recovery of the group's activities is yet foreseen.
● For the past seven days, analysts have been lowering their EPS expectations for the company.
● For the last four months, earnings estimated by analysts have been revised downwards with respect to the next two years.
● For the last 12 months, analysts have been regularly downgrading their EPS expectations. Analysts predict worse results for the company against their predictions a year ago.
● The underlying tendency is negative on the weekly chart below the resistance at 508.9 GBp