|Real-time Estimate - 10/27 09:20:40 am|
Ameriprise Financial : Overview
|09/14/2020 | 10:55am|
The forward-looking statements in this presentation reflect management's expectations about future events, plans and performance. These forward-looking statements and the many assumptions upon which they are based involve risks and uncertainties. A list of factors that could cause actual results to be materially different from those expressed or implied by any of these forward-looking statements is detailed under the headings "Forward-Looking Statements" and "Risk Factors", and elsewhere, in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2019 and elsewhere in our Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2020. These forward-looking statements speak only as of today's date and we undertake no obligation to update publicly or revise them for any reason. For information about Ameriprise Financial, please refer to the Second Quarter 2020 Statistical Supplement available at ir.ameriprise.com.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This presentation contains certain non-GAAP financial measures that our management feels best reflect the underlying performance of our operations. Reconciliations of such non-GAAP financial measures to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measure have been provided along with the presentation.
Update regarding developments from COVID 19
Ameriprise was well prepared to manage through the pandemic and its associated impacts
Business continuity program supporting ongoing business activities with ~95%of employees working from home
- Quick mobilization to ensure advisors had the tools necessary to meet and exceed client needs
- Technology enabled advisors to work with clients and solutions during extreme market volatility
Strong response in the pandemic positions Ameriprise to capture future opportunities
- Demonstrated value from financial planning and advice for clients
- Effective recruiting strategy that has led to an increase in engagement with potential advisors by 4 times
- Global asset management wholesaler effectiveness and engagement strong in the first half of 2020, continuing improved trends though 2019
- Strong expense management and reengineering while remaining committed to work force
This is an excerpt of the original content. To continue reading it, access the original document here.
Ameriprise Financial Inc. published this content on 14 September 2020 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 14 September 2020 13:54:08 UTC