|Delayed - 10/20 10:09:01 am|
TSX rises 1.01% to 16,142.89
|09/22/2020 | 05:05pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 1.01 percent to 16,142.89
* Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 15.2%, Metro Inc , up 5.1%, and Aritzia Inc , higher by 4.7%.
* Lagging shares were Eldorado Gold Corp , down 4.3%, Trillium Therapeutics Inc, down 3.6%, and Bausch Health Companies Inc, lower by 3.4%.
* On the TSX 152 issues rose and 67 fell as a 2.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 4 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 194.8 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Canadian Natural Resources Ltd , Suncor Energy Inc and Aurora Cannabis Inc.
* The TSX's energy group rose 0.70 points, or 1.0%, while the financials sector climbed 0.11 points, or 0.0%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.61%, or $0.24, to $39.55 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.63%, or $0.26, to $41.7
* The TSX is off 5.4% for the year.