|Delayed - 03/08 04:50:59 pm|
TSX rises 0.2% to 18,422.24
|02/22/2021 | 04:25pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.20 percent to 18,422.24
* Leading the index were Vermilion Energy Inc , up 13.7%, New Gold Inc, up 12.5%, and MEG Energy Corp, higher by 12.4%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 6.3%, Trillium Therapeutics Inc, down 5.0%, and Cronos Group Inc, lower by 4.7%.
* On the TSX 105 issues rose and 108 fell as a 1-to-1 ratio favored decliners. There were 17 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 220.7 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Suncor Energy Inc, Cenovus Energy Inc and Air Canada.
* The TSX's energy group rose 5.43 points, or 5.1%, while the financials sector climbed 1.71 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 4.14%, or $2.45, to $61.69 a barrel. Brent crude rose 3.69%, or $2.32, to $65.23 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 5.7% for the year.