|Delayed - 03/04 05:07:52 pm|
TSX rises 0.18% to 17,966.47
|01/14/2021 | 04:05pm|
* The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.18 percent to 17,966.47
* Leading the index were BlackBerry Ltd , up 20.5%, Aphria Inc, up 20.5%, and Crescent Point Energy Corp, higher by 9.5%.
* Lagging shares were Ballard Power Systems Inc, down 5.8%, Real Matters Inc, down 4.8%, and Boralex Inc, lower by 4.2%.
* On the TSX 117 issues rose and 99 fell as a 1.2-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 10 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 217.4 million shares.
* The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aphria Inc, Alimentation Couche-tard Inc and Blackberry Ltd.
* The TSX's energy group rose 2.58 points, or 2.6%, while the financials sector climbed 1.41 points, or 0.5%.
* West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.3%, or $0.69, to $53.6 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.43%, or $0.24, to $56.3 [O/R]
* The TSX is up 3.1% for the year.