Global markets live: Apple, Nvidia, Biogen, Fastly, Tilray...
|06/08/2021 | 10:20am|
Apple wants to get back into the video conferencing race and Biogen obtains marketing authorization for its Alzheimer's treatment, against all odds.
- Apple offers new data protection and video conferencing features. It has also started preliminary discussions with Chinese groups CATL and BYD to supply batteries for a future electric vehicle, four sources close to the matter said.
- Nvidia files for approval to buy ARM from Chinese authorities in the $40bn deal that's dragging on.
- The G7 is taking care that Amazon is one of the companies eligible for the global tax.
- Jerome Guillen, head of Tesla's truck program, leaves the company.
- Roche gets CE mark for its Covid-19 self-test.
- Biogen soars on the stock market after the FDA gives the green light to its Alzheimer's treatment.
- Independence Energy and Contango are close to a merger, according to Bloomberg.
- Proximus finalizes the acquisition of Mobile Vikings.
- The Boeing Company gained 1.5% in pre-market trading after SouthWest Airlines announced an order for 34 more 737 MAX planes.
- Sales of electric cars manufactured in China by Tesla jumped 29% in May to 33,463, figures released Tuesday by the China Automobile Federation show, while the market as a whole was up only 1.1%. In addition, Jerome Guillen, who oversaw Tesla's electric pickup program, has left the company. The stock gained 2.5% in pre-market trading.
- Fastly lost 1.8% in pre-market trading after a technical incident rendered many websites, including those of major media, inaccessible worldwide due to a failure of some of the group's services.
- Marvell Technology gained 5.8% in premarket trading after it reported better-than-expected quarterly results.
- Tilray - The Nasdaq-listed stock of the Canadian cannabis producer is up 4% in pre-market trading after the group announced the launch of a new medical cannabis brand, Symbios.
© MarketScreener.com 2021
Latest news about "Markets"