GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: The Coca-Cola Company, L'Oréal, AT&T...
|10/22/2020 | 09:52am|
A flood of publications today on markets, with Intel, The Coca-Cola Company, L'Oréal, AT&T, Danaher, Hermès, Kering, Schneider, SK Hynix, Dassault Systèmes and Pernod Ricard all due to report their results today.
A few results:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill: The company had its best quarter ever with online sales, but results were disappointing as costs increased.
- Continental: the group improved its profitability in the third quarter, but net loss after restructuring costs and impairment.
- Hermès International: third-quarter sales came in at €1.8 billion, compared with a consensus figure of €1.71 billion.
- International Consolidated Airlines: results will be worse than expected.
- Pernod Ricard: on first reading, organic growth in the first fiscal quarter exceeded expectations.
- Sika: the Swiss group specializing in sealants and insulation products for the building industry reported lower but better than expected nine-month results, confirming its medium-term objectives.
- Tesla: Quarterly results exceeded expectations, with the stock gaining 3% after the session.
- Unilever: organic growth was well above expectations in the third quarter.
New beginnings. The Boeing Company is said to have launched discussions on a new single-aisle aircraft in the 200 to 250-seat category, to revive itself after its recent setbacks.
Uncertain future. For American specialists of the digital sector, the arm wrestling between the Department of Justice and Google is fraught with difficulties for both sides.
Vaccine trials. One of the participants in clinical trials of the experimental Covid-19 vaccine from AstraZeneca and Oxford University has died in Brazil, but the trials are continuing.
Supply chain troubles. Whirlpool has concerns in its supply chain that do not allow it to meet demand in the United States.
Generous offer? Uber has offered €1 billion to buy BMW and Daimler VTC Free Now, according to Manager Magazin.
IPO gets go ahead. Ant Group has received the green light from the authorities and significant underwriting commitments for its IPO.
In other news. The family that controls Salvatore Ferragamo is in discussions with financial investors to sell them a minority stake in the group. UniCredit is selling a loan portfolio worth €692 million to Illimity Bank. McAfee raises $740 million for its return to the stock market. Implenia takes over a major real estate project in Geneva.