GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Moderna, Best Buy, Nvidia…
|02/25/2021 | 10:33am|
Today, Merck announced an agreement to acquire U.S.-based biotech company Pandion Therapeutics. There are also some new investments in bitcoin and a flurry of earnings reports.
- Anglo American: annual net profit exceeds market expectations.
- Anheuser-Busch Inbev: Q4 results are slightly better than expected in terms of net profit, but slightly below expectations in terms of Ebitda.
- Bayer: The company announced that it is aiming for an adjusted EBITDA for 2021 of between €11.2 billion and €11.5 billion, above the consensus figure of €10.94 billion.
- Best Buy reported net income for the fourth quarter of its 2021 fiscal year of $816 million, compared to $745 million, a year earlier. Sales disappointed: at $16.94 billion, they missed the consensus expectation of $17.2 billion.
- Domino's Pizza saw lower than expected results for its fourth fiscal quarter 2020, with net income of $151.9 million for the period, compared to net income of $129.3 million, a year earlier.
- Booking: In a difficult environment for the company, the results are less deteriorated than expected.
- Moderna recorded a loss of $270,000 or -69 cents per share in the last quarter of the year compared to a loss of $123,000 or -37 cents per share a year earlier.
- Nvidia: the share price lost 2.2% in the first half of the year after the publication of the Q4 results.
- Qantas: the Australian airline company recorded heavy losses, not surprisingly, at the end of its first fiscal half year.
- SAP: the group proposes a dividend of EUR 1.85 per share for 2020.
- Standard Chartered: after disappointing Q4 results, the bank will take an additional $500 million in restructuring charges in the coming years, mainly over 2021.
- Tenaris: results are tipping into the red in 2020, in particular due to a $622 million exceptional charge.
- Merck has signed an agreement to acquire U.S.-based biotech company Pandion Therapeutics for approximately $1.85 billion. The U.S. pharmaceutical group has offered $60 per share to acquire this specialist in autoimmune diseases.
- Information from Bloomberg suggests that Mondi is preparing a bid for DS Smith.
- Leonardo is reportedly preparing an IPO on Wall Street for its US subsidiary DRS this year, placing 30% of the capital, according to several sources.
- Carnival is extending the freeze on its operations in US ports until May 31.
- MicroStrategy invests an additional $1 billion in Bitcoin.
- New interest in GameStop, whose stock doubled yesterday.
- Facebook plans to invest in news content.
- Moderna will attempt to supply 1 billion doses of Covid vaccine this year.
- Proximus finalizes the acquisition of BICS.
© MarketScreener.com 2021
Latest news about ""