GLOBAL MARKETS LIVE: Lowe’s, Square, Softbank…
|02/24/2021 | 10:24am|
Many corporate results today. Meanwhile, Square announced a $170 million investment in Bitcoin, Lowe’s revenue rose 26.7% to $20.31 billion, and AstraZeneca will deliver fewer doses of vaccine than planned to the EU in Q2.
- Alcon: the ophthalmology specialist did not present a 2021 forecast due to the lack of visibility over the year. 2020 results are down, in line with expectations. A dividend of CHF 0.10 will be proposed.
- Puma: the German group expects a significant improvement in its operating income in 2021 compared to 2020.
- Lowe's reported earnings for the fourth quarter of its fiscal year of $978 million, compared with $509 million, a year earlier. Revenue rose by 26.7% to $20.31 billion.
- Reckitt Benckiser: organic growth was very dynamic at the end of the year. The group also announces the sale of Scholl.
- Solvay: the group reported better than expected Q4 Ebitda results. A redundancy plan targeting 500 positions by 2022 was announced.
- Square: the share lost 5% outside the trading session after the publication of Q4 results. The company announced a $170 million investment in Bitcoin.
- Sulzer: Annual results are a little lower than expected. The Swiss group maintains its dividend at CHF 4 per share.
- Telecom Italia: the transalpine operator reported a net profit of €7.2 billion, boosted by a massive tax effect. The strategic plan covering the period to 2023 foresees cash generation of €4 billion over the period.
- AstraZeneca will deliver fewer doses of vaccine than planned to the EU in Q2, Reuters learned.
- FAA orders extensive inspection of The Boeing Company's B777s.
- According to Bloomberg reports, SoftBank is preparing to invest billions in shares of biotech companies.
- CVC Capital Partners is eyeing the chemist Synthomer in an offer of about $3 billion. But the company has denied being in negotiations.
- Wells Fargo sells its asset management business for $2.1 billion.
- Vodafone to float Vantage Towers on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- Bombardier victim of a cyber attack with data leakage.
- The Estée Lauder Companies takes control of the Canadian DECIEM.
- The Weir Group will replace Pennon in the FTSE 100.
- GameStop's CFO, Jim Bell, resigns.
- AT&T is close to selling its shares in DirecTV and U-verse to TPG, according to CNBC.
- Burckhardt Compression completes the takeover of Shenyang Yuanda.
© MarketScreener.com 2021
Latest news about ""