Address By The Governor, Dr Wilson T Banda 5TH BANKERS CONFERENCE Amaryllis Hotel, Blantyre 8th October 2020
|10/20/2020 | 11:20am|
Reserve Bank of Malawi
The Governor, Dr Wilson T Banda
5TH BANKERS CONFERENCE
Amaryllis Hotel, Blantyre
8th October 2020
- Mr Kwanele Ngwenya, President of Bankers Association of Malawi;
- Mrs Zandile Shaba, Chairperson of Institute of Bankers;
- Chief Executives of all banks in Malawi, here present;
- Distinguished Delegates;
- Ladies and Gentlemen
1. It gives me great pleasure to address
the 5th Bankers Association conference on the theme "Surviving Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and
Ambiguity" (VUCA) for short.
2. Ladies and gentlemen, as we all know the Corona Virus (Covid-19)pandemic has significantly affected our day-to-daylives. I wish to express regret for the loss of lives and livelihood that the pandemic has
caused; and May Their Souls Rest in Peace.
3. Ladies and gentlemen, the Covid-19has weighed negatively on our economies. Its effects have been evident in unprecedented decline in global consumption and output; triggered by lockdowns, travel restrictions, social distancing rules, and disruption to supply chains. There have been job losses and
corporate closures, creating
This is an excerpt of the original content. To continue reading it, access the original document here.
Reserve Bank of Malawi published this content on 20 October 2020 and is solely responsible for the information contained therein. Distributed by Public, unedited and unaltered, on 20 October 2020 15:19:03 UTC