TSX rises 0.45 percent to 16,611.14
- The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.45 percent to 16,611.14
- On the TSX 137 issues rose and 95 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 218.5 million shares.
- The TSX's energy group <.SPTTEN> fell 0.01 points, or 0.0 percent, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> climbed 2.51 points, or 0.8 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures fell 2.37 percent, or $1.36, to $56.04 a barrel. Brent crude fell 2.07 percent, or $1.29, to $61.09 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 16 percent for the year.