TSX rises 0.4% to†17,484.77
- The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.40 percent to 17,484.77
- Leading the index were Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 4.5%, Celestica Inc , up 4.1%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc , higher by 3.7%.
- Lagging shares were Bombardier Inc , down 31.6%, Iamgold Corp, down 6.5%, and Pan American Silver Corp, lower by 4.7%.
- On the TSX 160 issues rose and 71 fell as a 2.3-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 27 new highs and 1 new low, with total volume of 258.5 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Bombardier Inc , Aurora Cannabis Inc and Hexo Corp.
- The TSX's energy group fell 0.07 points, or 0.0%, while the financials sector climbed 1.98 points, or 0.6%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 1.25%, or $0.72, to $58.53 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.09% , or $0.7, to $64.7 [O/R]
- The TSX is up 2.5% for the year.