TSX rises 0.34% to†17,352.90
- The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.34 percent to 17,352.90
- Leading the index were Wesdome Gold Mines Ltd , up 6.1%, Aurora Cannabis Inc , up 5.9%, and Ballard Power Systems Inc , higher by 5.4%.
- Lagging shares were Aphria Inc , down 8.2%, Husky Energy Inc, down 2.8%, and Encana Corp, lower by 2.3%.
- On the TSX 137 issues rose and 87 fell as a 1.6-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 20 new highs and no new lows, with total volume of 234.6 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Aphria Inc and Encana Corp.
- The TSX's energy group rose 0.47 points, or 0.3%, while the financials sector climbed 0.25 points, or 0.1%.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 0.5%, or $0.29, to $58.37 a barrel. Brent crude rose 0.67% , or $0.43, to $64.63
- The TSX is up 1.7% for the year.