TSX rises 0.26 percent to 16,422.68
- The Toronto Stock Exchange's TSX rises 0.26 percent to 16,422.68
- Leading the index were Teck Resources Ltd , up 6.6 percent, Hudbay Minerals Inc , up 5.8 percent, and Lundin Mining Corp , higher by 4.9 percent.
- Lagging shares were Hexo Corp , down 22.9 percent, Aphria Inc, down 13.5 percent, and Canopy Growth Corp, lower by 10.8 percent.
- On the TSX 132 issues rose and 93 fell as a 1.4-to-1 ratio favored advancers. There were 5 new highs and 4 new lows, with total volume of 185.9 million shares.
- The most heavily traded shares by volume were Aurora Cannabis Inc , Encana Corp and Hexo Corp .
- The TSX's energy group <.SPTTEN> rose 1.33 points, or 1.1 percent, while the financials sector <.SPTTFS> climbed 0.97 points, or 0.3 percent.
- West Texas Intermediate crude futures rose 2.03 percent, or $1.07, to $53.66 a barrel. Brent crude rose 1.65 percent, or $0.96, to $59.28
- The TSX is up 14.7 percent for the year.