National Bank of Canada : Encourages its Clients to Stay Safe and Use Digital Banking Solutions
The first of the month is approaching, which increases the risk of spreading the virus
With the approach of the new month, we are expecting higher traffic in branches and our call centre. That's why
"Building relationships has always been central to the Bank's identity. Since the crisis began, our priority has been to ensure employees' safety while continuing to support our clients during this difficult time. But today, to make sure we protect as many people as possible, we're asking that clients use our digital solutions and consider whether their transactions are truly urgent and necessary, or whether they can be postponed for a few weeks," said
1. Payment deferrals for Personal Banking clients: NEW ONLINE FORM
Today, the Bank uploaded a new form so you can request a mortgage payment deferral, without leaving your home. A similar form will soon be available for personal loans.
2. Cashing government cheques: SIGN UP NOW!
Many clients have not yet signed up for direct deposit for government cheques. Our branch personnel will insist on this. Sign up here:
- Federal: Direct Deposit Enrolment Form
Quebec: Request for Direct Deposit
3. Commercial Banking clients
Please visit nbc.ca/business for regularly updated information on government relief and programs available to support you during these uncertain times.
4. Daily transactions
Many transactions can be completed online. We ask that clients use online banking instead of our telephone services, which are primarily dedicated to urgent customer requests. Here are a few examples:
- View the balance of investment accounts (nbc.ca and mobile)
- Initiate, change or cancel pre-authorized contributions (PACs) for mutual funds (nbc.ca)
- Buy, sell or trade mutual funds (nbc.ca)
- Request a credit card limit increase (nbc.ca)
- Stop a payment (nbc.ca)
- Deposit a cheque (mobile)
- Pay a bill (nbc.ca and mobile) etc.
Clients can also use our automated telephone banking menu to perform certain transactions. They can:
- Hear their account balance
- Pay bills
- Check their most recent banking and credit card transactions
- Check prices on mutual funds
Reminder: Cash-free contactless transactions
Clients have the following options:
- Contactless payment by credit card – amounts can exceed
$100at participating merchants
- Contactless payments – debit card
- Mobile debit or credit payments through a smartphone
- Online purchases
- Online transfers or person-to-person transfers
Please note that we have revised the business hours of some branches. Please consult the list of branches for details.
A bank committed to the community
The Bank also responded to an appeal from United Way Centraide Canada and announced a donation of
Furthermore, the Bank has donated
In closing, we'd like to thank all healthcare professionals and everyone fighting on the front lines of this pandemic, including our employees and other people in jobs considered essential to keep our society running smoothly.
National Bank– Update on COVID-19
- National Bank Announces Temporary Branch Closures to Limit the Spread of COVID-19
National Bankto Offer Support to its Clients Canada'sSix Biggest Banks Take Decisive Action To Help Customers Impacted by COVID-19
With $269 billion in assets as at
© Canada Newswire, source